Java to Python translation

brueckd at tbye.com brueckd at tbye.com
Wed Apr 3 12:50:54 EST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Scherer, Bill wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 brueckd at tbye.com wrote:
>

> > (setting up Oracle on
> > Linux so I can use the Python DB API is a mess).
>
> How so? We've been using Python with DCOracle on Linux boxes to
> talk to Oracle on Sun and Linux boxes for years now, and I've
> got no complaints...

Reread my post: setting up Oracle is the problem, not DCOracle, not
Python. The nice thing about the pure Java Oracle JDBC driver is that it
requires no Oracle installation/setup/configuration whatsoever outside of
your program - I can drop our app onto any Windows or Linux machine and
run it right out of the box; there's no installing Oracle client libs, no
setting up data sources, etc, etc.

-Dave