Most important extensions?

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 1 16:17:53 EST 2002

Aahz || Sat 30 Mar 2002 07:51:49p:

> I'm teaching Python for [Perl] Programmers at OSCON this July.  I've
> already decided to mention mxODBC, NumPy, and PIL, plus PythonPoint
> (aka ReportLab) gets a mention on my title page.  I'd like this group
> to vote on the most important extensions for me to add to this list.
> Please vote for no more than three.

I've seen just about everything already mentioned that I could think of,
except these two:

PyOpenGL - Interface to OpenGL, the only (?) widely known, popular, and
extensivly used (by corporations) graphics toolkit not owned by MS. And
the interface is such that you can use it with nothing aside from the GL
Redbook 95% of the time, and the differences are mostly ovbious
(comprimises for functions that want pointers, mostly)

PyGame - Interface to SDL, which is a high-quality 2d grahpics kit that
seems to be rising these days...

Oh, and since there's three slots, PyOpenGLContext, which nicely ties the
first one into the second, and into WX and TK.

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com