Modules that provide differing functionality amongst different Python versions...

Allan Crooks googlegroups at sixtyten.org
Mon Apr 22 10:33:15 EDT 2002

> But if you are truly set on using incompatible constructs
> *everywhere* for the fun of it, you are going to have a problem
> with code duplication :-)

I wouldn't actually mind having code which would do the following:

--------

try:
    import warning
except ImportError:
    warning = None

if warning is not None:
    <do something with warning module>

--------

The main problem is when I want to use 'yield', there's no real way of
compensating for a language change... I suppose it is my fault for
trying too much. :) The more I think about it, the more maintaining
concurrent versions seems appealing... at least there is no 'hacking'
involved...

Allan.