Baffled by CGI cross-browser issues... help sought :)

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Thu Apr 11 03:24:26 EDT 2002

bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) said :

> On 10 Apr 2002 15:37:38 GMT, Fred Pacquier <fredp at mygale.org.nospam>
> wrote: [... cgi problems ...]
>
>>* on Netscape 4.x things sort of work, except that each time I submit
>>a form I get an error message like "A network error occurred while
>>receiving data (connection reset by peer)". After dismissing the
>>dialog the resulting page usually displays correctly (although
>>sometimes truncated).
>>
> Possibly your CGI output is set up as buffered and not getting
> flushed?

Could be. As Chris Liechti suggested, I have verified that the problem only
happens with the POST method. If I use GET with the exact same forms,
everything works great with all browsers. He also confirms that the POST
versions run normally under his version of Opera, so the issue seems to be
only with POST _and_ Netscape/MSIE. I'll need to look into the POST handler
of CGIHTTPServer .py and see if I can understand what's going on there :)

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/