Python 2.2.1 on Solaris 2.5.1: compilation problem

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Fri Apr 12 07:57:40 EDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:38:03AM +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:
> >    I'll try. What is worse, Python 2.2 failed the same way :( It seems
> > upgrading gcc from 2.8.0 to 2.95.3 did more harm than good :(((
>
> Oh dear.  I apologise for encouraging you to break you system...

   Not a big problem, in any case the system was in a fragile state for a
couple of years. I cannot recompile Postgres after 7.0 - 7.1 was dumping
core, too.
   Right now I am compiling Pg 7.2.1. If it will fail in any way - this
will be the last straw. I'll find resources to upgrade that damn system
starting with OS. So, after all, the upgarde did some good by destroying
the too fragile installation :)

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru