profile formats

Huaiyu Zhu huaiyu at gauss.almadan.ibm.com
Wed Apr 24 18:08:17 EDT 2002

Are there facilities in the profile module that identify the contribution to
the cumtime of a function f by each function called from f?

For example, if I have functions fa, fb, fc, with cumtime ta, tb, tc, I want
a table like

fa: ta      fa: taa  fb: tab  fc: tac  ...
fb: tb      fc: tbc  fa: tba  ...

where tij is the time fi spent in calling fj.

Preferably each row and column would be sorted and formated, but this is not
crucial - nested dictionaries are easy to process anyway.

Such information cannot be deduced from ti or tj alone.  I need this to
identify not only which functions used the most time, but where they are
most heavily used.

Huaiyu