calendar.py doesn't use lists???

Quinn Dunkan quinn at bolivar.ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 23 23:04:28 EDT 2002

On 22 Apr 2002 15:05:16 -0700, Aaron Watters <aaron at reportlab.com> wrote:
>[CRASH AND BURN... WINDOWS XP SUGGESTS I SEND A COMPLAINT TO MICROSOFT...]

Wow, they suggest that when you get a segfault now?  Much different from
their usual finger-wagging "you should learn how to turn your computer off
properly" stuff.

>Seriously, why did you need to change these sequences from
>lists where they worked with my code, to somethingsimilartolists
>that broke my code?

>From a quick glance it looks like _localized_name is just a too-clever
but harmless way to make lists.  The real problem is that time.strftime
explodes when it gets handed certain values, and the regression tests missed
it.

>If there is a god, he or she sure liked to design
>beetles.
>  -- attribution forgotten

It was (supposedly) Haldane, a naturalist from way back when.  The context
was that he was asked what his view was, as a naturalist, of God's "character",
and the response was "an inordinate fondness for beetles".