pre-PEP for optional 'pass'

Duncan Booth duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 07:17:41 EDT 2002

Andy Gimblett <gimbo at ftech.net> wrote in
news:mailman.1019035355.21475.python-list at python.org:

> We're veering slightly from the original reason for this point, which
> was how to write stub functions/methods which will be implemented
> later.  The above certainly doesn't indicate any intent to actually
> implement the methods (in fact, on the contrary, it suggests they
> could be removed).

I think you trimmed a bit too much when you followed up. I would have
described what the functions were intended to do if I had known that,
but as I said I have no idea what these particular functions do, so all
I could document was the lack of implementation. Since I was being
chastised for failing to produce meaningful docstrings for someone
else's imaginary functions I made them as meaningful as I could in the
circumstances.

I suspect the actual methods in the example never will be implemented,
therefore the docstrings are probably accurate.

-- Duncan Booth
duncan at rcp.co.uk int month(char
*p){return(124864/((p[0]+p[1]-p[2]&0x1f)+1)%12)["\5\x8\3"