Python & autoftp

Michael Gilfix mgilfix at eecs.tufts.edu
Tue Apr 23 11:43:17 EDT 2002

  You'll want to use the ftplib python module. It
allows you to establish ftp connections and control
them programmatically.  Check out the library docs at:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-ftplib.html.
This is by far more robust than using bash and expect
since it doesn't rely on an external program and its
possibly changing interface.

                 -- Mike