Do you QA your Python? Was: 2.1 vs. 2.2

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Apr 16 11:11:18 EDT 2002

>>> Tim Peters wrote
> > IMO until Python developers adopt a policy of being very reluctant
> > to do this,
>
> Guido is very reluctant to break code, but it's not an absolute for him:

Note that this is a "in new major releases" statement. Breaking code in
a point release isn't something that happens. I'm not aware of any code
changes in 2.1.2 or 2.1.3 that broke someone's 2.1.1 code. If someone
can point me to these changes that caused problems, I'd love to see them.

If instead this whole discussion is just usenet noise, with no real point
or purpose, then ignore the previous paragraph. Needless to say, I wait
with baited breath for the collection of shocking incompatibilities to
roll in.

Anthony
(is it a fact of usenet that over time, all newsgroups become like
comp.lang.perl.misc?)