Mass Mailing help needed (Paul Rubin)

Jonathan Vanasco jvanasco at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 20 14:02:06 EDT 2002

>    3. Re: Mass Mailing help needed (Paul Rubin)
>Why should we think those 50,000 people have really opted in?
>  Are you sure you're not spamming?  What site is this for?

No.  Its not spamming.

I work mostly for large entertainment companies -- if you would like so, i
can send you to my portfolio and corporate site -- this particular list
problem is centered around a record label's website relaunch.  Instead of
inundating fans with 1 mailing from 20+  artist lists that they choose to
subscribe to, I've decided to merge multiple lists into 1.  Subscribers will
get 1 email with general label info, and specific artist news will be
provided based on the user's requests.  (Posts will only be about monthly,
aside from an 'album release' email that could be offschedule -- but that
specific list data is always available)

This solution is a little more processing time on the backend -- but only by
20 or so seconds -- but it should cut down on mail sending time (larger
messages, fewer envelopes).   Mail::Bulkmail provides for this -- was
actually built for stuff like this -- but perl is ungodly slow at merging
the list names / options compared to python.