Python installation on a Windows shared disk

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at pragmadev.com
Mon Apr 15 05:23:34 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm trying to do an installation of Python 2.1 on a shared Windows 2K disk.
People should then be able to use this installation from all PCs seeing this
disk. Since I didn't find any hint on how to do that in the Python distro, I
searched for it on the Python site and found:
http://starship.python.net/crew/jjkunce/netinstall/index.html
Unfortunately, it was written a long time ago and does not seem to work
anymore (some scripts have moved, so some imports fail, and even when
correcting this, the checking phase at the end fails, complaining about
invalid registered directories)

Is there a more "standard" way to do a shared installation for Win2K? Or
does anybody have done that quite recently and can give me some hints on
what to do, considering I still haven't understood what on earth a
"registry" is (and not really willing to learn anyway... ;-)? The objective
would be to have a single script that users could run from their PCs and
that would do all the installing job.

TIA
--
- Eric Brunel <eric.brunel at pragmadev.com> -