Indenting lines 400..457 help

Brett g Porter BgPorter at NOartlogicSPAM.com
Thu Apr 11 10:08:39 EDT 2002

"Ned Harvey" <rahvee at yaahhoo.com> wrote in message
news:a92f90$i57$1 at pcls4.std.com...
> By using the >> or << method below, vi uses the tab-characters, at least
in
> my account.  Is there any way you're aware of, that I can specify the
> characters to use?

See Geoff Gerrietts' response elsewhere.
The vim help sez:
     *'expandtab'* *'et'* *'noexpandtab'* *'noet'*
'expandtab' 'et' boolean (default off)
   local to buffer
   {not in Vi}
 In Insert mode: Use the appropriate number of spaces to insert a
 <Tab>.  Spaces are used in indents with the '>' and '<' commands and
 when 'autoindent' is on.  To insert a real tab when 'expandtab' is
 on, use CTRL-V<Tab>.  See also |:retab| and |ins-expandtab|.
 NOTE: This option is reset when 'compatible' is set.