How to make regexes faster? (Python v. OmniMark)

Erno Kuusela erno-news at erno.iki.fi
Sat Apr 20 10:30:37 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1019279977.28194.python-list at python.org>, Tim
Peters <tim.one at comcast.net> writes:

| Hmm.  Shows up fine in the newsreader I use -- this, like hearing about the
| speedups for the first time from that msg, may be another symptom of General
| Upgrade Fear <0.9 wink>.

it doesn't show up in many newsreaders, because your message lacks a
"references" header. that's the usual mechanism that newsreaders use
to do threading. your message does have a "in-reply-to" header, which
your newreader could be using. it's for mail and not news, so not
standard.

maybe mailman could be hacked to fake a "references" header based
on "in-reply-to".

  -- erno