Asynchronous cgi that returns nothing. Possible? O:-)

Fernando Rodríguez frr at easyjob.net
Tue Apr 23 11:40:54 EDT 2002

Whenever a customer clicks on the order button, I'd like to:

a) Save some info into a database
b) Send the order to the payment processing company

I was planning to use a Python CGI for a. This cgi shouldn't return anything
and shouldn't change the contents of the browser. Is this possible? O:-)

Besides, I'd like this script to return immediatelly, either if it can save or
not the info, so if the db server is down I don't lose the sale. How can I do
this? O:-)  I was thinking of using 2 scripts:

scripta: Forks scriptb and returns immediatelly
scriptb: saves the info to the db