Do you QA your Python? Was: 2.1 vs. 2.2

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Apr 22 15:17:53 EDT 2002

> >phil hunt wrote:
> >> IMO until Python developers adopt a policy of being very reluctant
> >> to do this, many IT managers will be wary of using it in anything
> >> other thsan toy projects, and Python's user base will not grow as
> >> quickly as (IMO) it should.

[Guido]

philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk (phil hunt) writes:

> I would contribute, but you have just said that you won't accept my
> proposed changes.

There are other ways to contribute besides by proposing language
features.  We need help doing code cleanup, backporting patches to
bugfix releases, documentation, and so on.

Also, I only told you about one very specific (and silly) change
you've proposed that I wouldn't accept it.  But I'd rather see you
help out in other ways than proposing language changes, since the
latter (even if they don't break anything) cause complaints about the
pace of change.