Sending a signal to a process started by another user

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Tue Apr 9 15:59:53 EDT 2002

Joonas Paalasmaa <joonas at olen.to> wrote in news:3CB31C2C.9010503 at olen.to:

> How can I send a signal to a process started by another user. In this
> case my intention is to send a signal 14 to a process started by user jp
> from a cgi script. The script raises an "Operation not permitted"-

i hope so - for security's sake...

> OSError perhaps because the script is run by user "apache" and the
> process by user "jp". How can In make this work properly?

if you can change the other script so that it communicates through say
sockets or so or run it under the same UID as the webserver.
or write another script that uses sockets or whatever to talk to the CGI
and let this run as 'jp' so that it can send a signal to the other script.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>