Some troubles with COMObject of the ClearCaseAutomation Library 4.1 (ccauto.dll)

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Apr 14 02:21:16 EDT 2002

Andreas Maurer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a little script using the ClearCase Automation Library 4.1
> with python 2.1.2
>
> When I'm trying to get the collection of HistoryRecords of one
> CC-element this error message appears:
> ------------------
>
>  >>> hist = Elem.HistoryRecords(0)
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "C:\win32app\Python21\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
> line 279, in _make_method_
> codeObject = compile(methodCode, "<COMObject %s>" % self._username_,"exec")
>   File "<string>", line 1
>      def HistoryRecords(self, pICCBranchType=pythoncom.Missing,
> Since=<time object at 013BB240>, User='', Minor=0,
> ExcludeCheckOutEvents=0, Recurse=0, DirectoryOnly=0):

This is a bug in the Python COM package.  If a COM method takes a DATE
param with a default value, the makepy generated .py file is invalid.

I have fixed this locally.  Mail me for the new .py files.  Otherwise,
just remove the invalid default value from the generated .py file and
always the param.

Mark.