Do you QA your Python? Was: 2.1 vs. 2.2

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed Apr 17 22:02:31 EDT 2002

> From: philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
>
> IOW, some code did break? And how much wore will break when people
> try to serialize code on a post-PEP285 python and read it on a
> pre-PEP285?

None at all. Guido has already stated that he intends to take Paul Rubin's
suggestion for pickling boolean values as I00 and I01, which are valid
integral values, but never generated by pickle. These will be treated
specially to produce False and True on 2.3+, but will produce 0 and 1 on
2.2-. However, I'm not sure if there was a determination on binary pickles

Tim Delaney