Readline/command history w/ interactive prompt

Andy Gimblett gimbo at ftech.net
Thu Apr 18 06:46:29 EDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 10:04:18AM +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:
> Andy Gimblett <gimbo at ftech.net> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 05:51:17PM +0000, Mark Jackson wrote:
> >
> > > Try hitting control-r and typing a short string that last appeared
> > > in the line desired ("my" or even "m" would work in this case).
> >
> > _Nice_!  Thanks for that.  One question though: where's this feature
> > documented?  :-)
>
> "man bash", "man readline".  Not too hard...

Hmmm...  Personally, I can't imagine making the conceptual leap from
"where's the python interpreter documentation" to "I know, I'll look
at the bash man page" without prompting.

man readline, I admit, was more obvious.

Thanks for the pointers,

Andy

--
Andy Gimblett - Programmer - Frontier Internet Services Limited
Tel: 029 20 820 044 Fax: 029 20 820 035 http://www.frontier.net.uk/