tkFileDialog "multiple" option?

Mark Paschal markpasc at markpasc.org
Wed Apr 17 10:03:00 EDT 2002

I came across this question at python.faqts.com:

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/14332

According to the Tk documentation I linked in, tkFileDialog should support
the "multiple" option. However, when I try to pass that, I get a TclError
thus:

   >>> import tkFileDialog
   >>> f = tkFileDialog.askopenfile(multiple=1)
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
     File "d:\programs\python22\lib\lib-tk\tkFileDialog.py", line 106, in
     askopenfile
       filename = Open(**options).show()
     File "d:\programs\python22\lib\lib-tk\tkCommonDialog.py", line 53, in
     show
       s = apply(w.tk.call, (self.command,) + w._options(self.options))
   TclError: bad option "-multiple": must be -defaultextension,
   -filetypes, -initialdir, -initialfile, -parent, or -title

Am I misreading something somewhere, or is it a case of not understanding
Tkinter (I'm very new to it)?

--
Mark Paschal
http://markpasc.org/blog/