What has PEP 285 done to us?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Apr 11 01:51:05 EDT 2002

>>>>> "aahz" == aahz  <aahz at pythoncraft.com> writes:

    aahz> Unfortunately, I have to say that the stridency you
    aahz> exhibited in this thread (to my startlement)

Trust your startlement, not your logic.

    aahz> See?  You're implying here that Guido did *not* put on his
    aahz> "language designer" hat, and in a rather subtle way, to
    aahz> boot.  You're contradicting the very point you're trying to
    aahz> make by your use of language.

It could be taken that way, if you gloss the past tense of "trusted"
with "and now I don't", implying "but he didn't".  Or you could take
it literally, applying to the case under discussion, and gloss it as
"and he did and now it's done and _I_ accept that (even though it was
479 lines important to me), so why don't y'all do the same and stop
making such a deal out of it?"

Neither gloss is very reliable just based on the words, although I
think the latter fits much better with the theme of Laura's post.  And
with Laura.

Trust the people, far more than the words.