An extraordinarily stupid question

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 20 05:52:01 EDT 2002

Shane Hoversten || Fri 19 Apr 2002 07:55:14p:

> Hi -
>
> This is really dumb, but I just want to print out a character without
> a newline and without a space behind it.  You can't do:
>
> print c,
>
> Because Python puts a space behind it.  I can't find anywhere in the
> dox that actually talk about "print" in any detail at all.  Surely
> there must be some way to do this?

Three people have already solved your problem. I would just like to add
that this is far from being a dumb question. You have already experimented
with the tools at hand, and looked for further information. You have
defined your problem percisely, and are in effect saying "I want to do X,
there must be a way to do X, I just don't know where to look." Such a
specific query is easily answerable, and to be able to state your need so
clearly cannot be called 'etraordinarily stupid', as far as i can see. =)

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com
"tenshi wa iranai"