Quick return question

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 2 19:58:09 EST 2002

joel8bit || Tue 02 Apr 2002 07:16:08a:

> "joel8bit" <jwickard**nospam**@litriusgroup.com> wrote in message
> news:0Ujq8.18$c6.7717 at typhoon.mn.ipsvc.net...
>> Hello all:
>> given the function:
>>
>> def adder(**args):
>>     for key in args.keys():
>>         print args[key]
>>
>> print adder(fName="sam", lName="scott", mName="wayne")
>>
>> I get:
>>
>> sam
>> scott
>> wayne
>> None
>>
>> Why am I getting None as well, because there's no return value for
>> the function?
>>

> Disregard I understand now,
> I told it to print the function call and there was no return value.

Heh, i did the same thing a few weeks ago: had a function that did
something or other and returned the results, and another part that did
'print function(foo)' a bunch of times. Changed the functions to print
instead of return, and started getting 'None' all over. Very hard to
catch, the first time =)

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com