ACCEPTED: PEP 285

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Apr 4 20:44:23 EST 2002

James Logajan <JamesL at Lugoj.com> writes:

> Then I'd like to complain that neither you nor Guid va Rossu addressed the
> question I asked in my previous message concerning bools as keys. If a bool
> is to be treated as an int sometimes and sometimes not, I don't recall
> seeing anything about whether it will be treated as an int as a dictionary
> key. If I do:

Guido did cover this explicitly in one of his responses to the bool
threads - see:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=mailman.1017860357.6448.python-list%40python.org

which includes among other comments:

    "False and True are numbers, and they are equal (==) to 0 and 1;
     everything else follows from there."

and

    "No you're not.  d[0] and d[False] retrieve the same value, as do
     d[0L], d[0.0], and d[0j]."

--
-- David