Python Webpages

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Mon Apr 29 19:31:09 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1020119995.30995.python-list at python.org>, François Pinard wrote:
>> Woah, *big* disagreement here.  Not sure what kind of designers you are
>> used to, but in my experience they, and/or the tools they use are
>> incapabale of editing the HTML without destroying the code.
>
> Strange.  For more than one year now, we never had the shadow of a
> problem with HTML designers.  Everybody is competent in his field and
> respectful for the work of others.  There is no "we are good they are
> rotten" speak here.

That's not what I meant. I'm not saying that designers are
incompetent, I'm saying that having to work around code is not part of
their job and the *tools* used will usually make it impossible.

I'll just leave you with one further point. Several times on projects
I have worked on, the customer decided upon a near-total redesign of
an existing site. This involved us receiving completely new HTML files
designed from scratch. With *any* system involving embedded code, this
necessities many days of manual re-integration of the code and HTML.
With something like jonpy, it's the work of a few hours at most.

Cheers

Jon