PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 2 22:10:53 EST 2002

Tim writes -

>The PEP doesn't mention simplicity, except perhaps >indirectly and
partially via its claim that the existence of a >standard, distinguishable
true/false type could make life >easier for a particular class of external
library
>(which has been confirmed by people maintaining >such .libraries).

Probably the best way to keep me out of future PEP debates is
to make sure I don't understand *any* of it.

Unfortunately I understand the significance of the millisecond
recognition time, which is the significance of a millisecond
of recognition time, at the potential loss of the ability
to read and understand lots of current and probably future
Python code using the idiom false = 0.

I will otherwise defer to Alex's comments.

His take on  the non-technical issues here seem to
express with much better authority my own take.

Of course on the technical stuff I find him way off base.

But I'm not in the mood to tackle him on it.

Art