bug in build? configuration --with-cxx ends up using PY_CFLAGS instead of CPPFLAGS

Ville Vainio vvainio at tp.spt.fi
Thu Apr 18 02:44:38 EDT 2002

martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Loewis) wrote in message news:<m3sn5uvi9x.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de>...

> CPPFLAGS are just the flags for the preprocessor, so they are clearly
> the wrong set of flags. Can you elaborate which flags is being passed
> that should not? In any case, you need both OPT and CFLAGSFORSHARED
> when compiling ccpython.

I used gcc as my c compiler, and aCC as a C++ compiler to 1) compile
ccpython and 2) link. aCC can't digest stuff that gcc can, e.g. -O3.
Standard build does try to feed -O3 to aCC. aCC did seem to be able to
compile ccpython with just CPPFLAGS. However, not everything seems to
work without a hitch at the moment, but I assume these are other,
unrelated problems (that I have trying to make omniORBpy work with
hp-ux).

Or should I just use hp-ux c compiler (cc) instead of gcc?

-- Ville