OT: Happy Birthday Larry Niven

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Tue Apr 30 21:55:00 EDT 2002

In article <3ccf161d$1_7 at goliath.newsgroups.com>,
bkc at Murkworks.com says...
> Guess I better go back and re-read the book.
>
> As I recall.. Moties are essentially genetically designed for their
> particular task. .As in the case of the vehicle drivers who swerved around
> each other and looked like they were going to crash, but didn't.

Motie engineers were capable of adapting bits and pieces of
whatever in ways that would make a human's brain explode, but
turned out to function remarkably well.

This sounds exactly like Perl to me -- it *can* work remarkably
well, if you're genetically designed to grok it, but for a normal
human, it's more likely to make your brain explode.   :)

--

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer