Catalog of Python Patterns? [LONG!]

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed Apr 3 21:12:07 EST 2002

> From: Paul Rubin [mailto:phr-n2002a at nightsong.com]
> jimd at vega.starshine.org (Jim Dennis) writes:
> >
> >  At a minimum it should list each of the 23 GoF patterns, and
> >  at least one minimal Python implementation of that pattern.
>
> Yucch, I've never been a fan of that book, it seems too cultish to me.

More importantly, many of the patterns are not applicable to Python. _Design
Patterns_ comes from a C/C++ point of view ... there is also _Design
Patterns for Smalltalk_ (or something along those lines) which is apparently
much more applicable.

It is useful to *know* the GoF patterns, but it is important not to be a
slave to them.

Tim Delaney