Py_BuildValue() and C++ arrays

Matthias Stern mstern at aon.at
Thu Apr 4 03:37:19 EST 2002

I have a C++ function which has to give back to PYTHON an array:

---
static PyObject * ex_readData(PyObject *self, PyObject *args)
{
     // define my data array
     float data[10000];
     :
     // call another C++ function which calculates some data
     err =  TeastAPP::readData(file, elConnName, channel, tmin, tmax, unit,
data, numElem);

     return Py_BuildValue( ??? );
}
---

I want to return the values "numElem" (int), "unit" (char[250]) and the
array "data" (float,10000).
What is the correct syntax for "Py_BuildValue( ??? )" ?

The first two parameters work e.g. this way:
---
     :
     Py_BuildValue("(si)", unit, numElem);
     :
---

But how can i send back the data array?!? I cant't write it like this:
---
     Py_BuildValue("(iiiiiiiii... (10.000 time)... iiiii)",  data);
---

Thx, Mac