dco2.so problem

DeepBleu DeepBleu at DeepBleu.org
Mon Apr 22 10:49:54 EDT 2002

Hugh
Before going on these curves, and before moving all these files into the CGI
directory - what error were you getting while trying to connect using
DCOracle2?
Say you have DCO2 installed into /usr/python/DCO2; did you do the following:
>>import sys
>>sys.path.insert(1,"/usr/python/DCO2")
>>import DCOracle2
where dco2.so is in /usr/python/DCO2/DCOracle2

But you see, you've got to give me the original error message before you
moved all these files in the CGI directory.
Also, do you have Oracle configured correctly and do you have libclntsh.so
in the path?
DeepBleu

"Hugh" <h.e.w.frater at cs.cf.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:e2e9e807.0204201749.62f3b8c6 at posting.google.com...
> I can import DCOracle2 now that I've put dco2.so, DCOracle2.py and
> __init__.py in my cgi-bin directory (probably not the right thing to
> do, but it imports OK).
> I now have another problem. When trying to do dbh =
> DCOracle2.connect(connectstring) I get the following error in the
> apache error log:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
"/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cgi-bin/userbin/H.E.W.Frater/addItemType.py",
> ine 12, in ?
>     dbh = DCOracle2.connect('scm1hewf/*******@cs2000')
>   File
"/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cgi-bin/userbin/H.E.W.Frater/DCOracle2.py",