Hostname Resolution not working in Explorer

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Apr 18 00:38:02 EDT 2002

Gary Spivey wrote:

> I have windows XP Home, and IE6. I have a zope server running on my box.
> The server is running fine, and I can access if it I access
>
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mange
>
> However, if I use
>
> http://localhost/mange
>
> the page isn't found. The same holds true if I use my hostname rather than
> localhost - also, the actual IP address works.

Well, at least two mistakes in the above: you didn't use port 8080 in
the second example, and you spelled 'manage' as 'mange'.  With those
typos, maybe you are consistently making similar mistakes when trying
this?

Also, what is "page isn't found"?  You should actually be getting
a "The page cannot be displayed" message from IE6.

By the way, this is not Python related.  Just a basic networking
or configuration problem or something.