[OT] What is Open Source?

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Thu Apr 18 11:08:07 EDT 2002

On 18 Apr 2002 16:04:39 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull"
<stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:

:>>>>> "Cliff" == Cliff Wells <logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net> writes:
:
:    Cliff> I suppose Microsoft's claim that the GPL is viral could be
:    Cliff> better applied to their own source since merely *seeing* it
:    Cliff> could affect your code whereas you have to actually *use*
:    Cliff> GPL'd code to be affected.
:
:I've not seen this before.  Please send it to rms.

It's not really different then when most of the early GNU Project
utilities were developed, at that time seeing the UNIX source code had
a chance of being "polluting" in the same way.

Mats Wichmann