PEP 285: Adding a bool type

gbreed at cix.compulink.co.uk gbreed at cix.compulink.co.uk
Tue Apr 9 06:52:40 EDT 2002

Robin Becker wrote:

> This article in salon
>         http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/04/08/lehman/print.html
>
> about Manny Lehman, my old department head, gives an insight into why
> people like myself are often afraid of software change.

And why Python is an exception

"""
Michael Godfrey, a University of Waterloo scientist, is equally hesitant
but still finds the Lehman approach useful. In 2000, Godfrey and a fellow
Waterloo researcher, Qiang Tu, released a study showing that several
open-source software programs, including the Linux kernel and fetchmail,
were growing at geometric rates, breaking the inverse squared barrier
constraining most traditionally built programs.
"""

                                 Graham