Indenting lines 400..457 help

Brett g Porter BgPorter at NOartlogicSPAM.com
Wed Apr 10 17:33:25 EDT 2002

"Ned Harvey" <rahvee at yaahhoo.com> wrote in message
news:a929tk$ik2$1 at pcls4.std.com...
> For the life of me, I can't find any easy way to indent (or unindent)
lines
> numbered 400..457 or whatever.  Does anyone have any good suggestions?
>
> I'm usually a vi user, but I'll happily learn a command of some other
> format.  I've tried
>     :400,457s/(.*)/   \1/g
> and a ton of variations of the same idea, but it seems that the
> search/replace doesn't do what I expect it to.
>
> Thanks for your help.
In vi, place the cursor on the first line that you want {in|de}dented. Then
type the number of lines to affect and >> to indent, or << to dedent.

//  Today's Oblique Strategy (© Brian Eno/Peter Schmidt):
//  Don't be afraid of things because they're easy to do
//
//  Brett g Porter * BgPorter at acm.org
//  http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bgporter/