Python 2.2 unwise.exe

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Apr 15 13:22:10 EDT 2002

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> wrote in message
> [Robin Becker, on unwise.exe vanishing]
> > Installed under C:\Python; system is Win2k. I installed win32all-146
> > after Python-2.2, but didn't save backups.
> >
> > I have a couple of other things installed eg Numeric-20.3 and PIL, but
> > nothing  that came with an installer. I don't remember anything untoward
> > about the Python-2.2 install.
> >
> > The unwise.exe was just not there for some reason.
>
> Crud, I was hoping it was unique to Win9x.  "Just not there for some
reason"
> is the same thing I've seen.
[ ... ]
Oh, crap. Same thing's happened on my Win2k installation. I habitually run
Windows Explorer with "show hidden files", so I know it's really disappeared
and isn't just in hiding.

Perhaps we're being unwise relying on this software? I wonder whether some
other uninstall of a Python related component might be causing this?

regards
 Steve