Interesting topics

Doru-Catalin Togea doru-cat at ifi.uio.no
Mon Apr 22 05:32:32 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I have subscribed to several other lists besides this one, (not python
lists) and I noticed that there are being posted quite interesting mails
here. On other lists, even though unmoderated, people do not tolerate that
many off-the-topic postings.

Personally, I don't really care, YET. I have to delete over 150
postings everyday anyways, so I've become really proficient at hitting the
'D' key which marks mails for deletion in PINE. But if the ratio of noise
to signal increases too much on this list, it can become boring to remain
on it.

On the "Jessica Felix Designs - Art and all that Jazz" site,
(http://www.artandallthatjazz.com), they claim that somebody is spamming
in her name, so maybe not everybody should be fried.

Just curious: I have come across some pretty weird statements in emails,
like the two spam mails supposedly from Jessica F. In the last one, one
can read:

	Who will we open after Bernadette kicks the pathetic star's boat?

	We fear the polite gardner.

I wonder, are these statements computer generated? Or do they make sense
if you have seen a certain movie, a TV-show, or read a certain book? I
don't want to hurt anybodys feelings, but TO ME, their being sent in
emails seems like the symptoms of a mental disorder of some kind.

Regards,
Catalin

	<<     We are what we repeatedly do.      >>
	<<  Excellence, therefore, is not an act  >>
	<<             but a habit.               >>