radiobutton menu item issue on Windows

Steve Zatz slzatz at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 7 22:58:46 EDT 2002

On W2K and XP, when I run Tkinter programs with radiobutton menu items, the
check mark is not visible until the mouse is run over the selected menu
item.  I can see a small fraction of the checkmark before I run the cursor
over the item but the full check mark isn't visible until the cursor runs
over the item.  To be clear, the menu item was selected previously, however
when you return to that menu, the selected menu item only has a partially
visible check until you move the cursor over the item.  And when you do
bring the check mark 'to life' by rolling the cursor over it, the check mark
overwrites most of the first letter of the menu text.

Has anyone seen this?  I realize the problem is more aesthetic than fatal,
but would like to fix if possible.  I am using whatever version of Tkinter
and Tcl/Tk came with the standard Python 2.2 Windows release.