TKinter Button widget

Konrad Anton usenet at minus1.de
Sat Apr 20 12:03:10 EDT 2002

Peter Saffrey <theoryboy at my-deja.com> schrieb:
>When I place some buttons on a frame I don't seem to be allowed to use
>arguments in the function call attached to the button. If I do use
>arguments, or even just empty brackets, the function is called when
>the button is placed, not when the button is clicked on.
>(...)
>Button(win, text='print 3', command=printNumber(3)).pack()
>Button(win, text='print 5', command=printNumber(5)).pack()

As long as there is no native support for currying in the Python
language, you can still use

  Button(win, text='print 3', command=lambda : printNumber(3)).pack()

which will create a zero-argument anonymous function that will call
printNumber(3) when it is called.

HTH
Konrad

--
 Konrad Anton <konrad at minus1.de> ; Web: www.minus1.de ; gpg: 0x22954D8A
 Tel. +49-761-881-2122, Fax +49-721-151318943.  Alice: