Access violation trying to run Python over Win NT network.

Patrick rpm1deletethis at frontiernet.net
Mon Apr 29 21:17:55 EDT 2002

I'm trying to run Python from a network drive.  On most machines it works,
but on some machines it generates an access violation about 60% of the time,
(just by typing 'python' with no arguments).  If I install Python locally it
runs fine on all the machines.

I would really appreciate any help.  I've been trying to get the people at
work to use Python and they have finally agreed to give it a try, but they
don't want to install it on everyones machines, so we have to run from a
network drive.

Thanks,

Patrick