Booleans, integer division, backwards compatibility; where is Python going?

Greg Weeks weeks at vitus.scs.agilent.com
Fri Apr 5 13:04:15 EST 2002

phil hunt (philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk) wrote:
: In both cases, there are good arguments in favour of the change.

I'd like to note that if every change for which there were good arguments
were added to Python, the result would be terrible.

: But is this changing going to be continual? Are the language
: developers constantly going to tinker with the language, out of a
: sense of fun?

Well ... If I had created something fabulous and then found myself with
nothing further fabulous to do, I'd have a hard time letting go of the
original fabulous something.

Greg