libtk.so

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Apr 13 07:53:01 EDT 2002

Fabien Hénon <ffjhenon at club-internet.fr> writes:

> I have downloaded the latest version of Pyhon (2.2) for Linux ( Python
> 2.2 + tools + Tkinter 2.2 +devel)

Wot, the RPMs?

> But once I start an application that uses Tkinter, it asks me for
> libtk.so.0 and libtcl.so.0.

Works for me.

> I searched on my hard drive and could not find them. Where or how can I
> get them.

Installing tk?  What does

$ rpm -q tk

say?  Though I don't see how you could have installed python2-tkinter
without having tk there... Apologies if you don't use redhat.

Oh hang on; the latest version of Python is 2.2.1.  Maybe the
dependencies are different in the 2.2 RPM.

You probably want 2.2.1, anyway.

Cheers,
M.

--
  You can lead an idiot to knowledge but you cannot make him
  think.  You can, however, rectally insert the information,