Zope internal db or MySQL?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Apr 3 01:19:38 EST 2002

Robert Oschler wrote:

> I'm a Zope newbie.  Would it be better for me to initially set up my site
> using Zope's internal database, and switch to MySQL later?  Or should I just
> bite the bullet and setup MySQL initially.  My database needs won't be very
> heavy, maybe a hundred transactions a day.

(There is a Zope mailing list that may be better for such questions.)

ZODB works well.  Why would you want to make extra work for yourself?
Set it up with the standard stuff, work with it and see what you
get.  If it isn't "good enough" (you don't give any criteria), you
can always change later once you know more.

Better to learn things one at a time, than to try to do everything at
once.

-Peter