Modify Word Doc with Python

Thomas Guettler pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de
Sat Apr 6 04:23:11 EST 2002

On Sat, 06 Apr 2002 10:15:33 +0200, David McInnis wrote:

> I need to alter the document properties of Word DOCS that our users
> upload to our Web site.  Does anyone know how to do this?  (I am python
> installed on a Linux box).

You could do this with python and COM if you would use windows with
MS-Office installed.

If you have a Windows server around you could use some RPC method
to do this form Linux.

Wvware can change your MSWord files to HTML or an other format on unix.
But it can't change the MSWord file as far as I know.

BTW: I think it is called "I have python installed". But I am not a
native speaker

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler.de>