Solution for python22_d.lib

Sebastian Haase seb_haase at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 14:05:22 EST 2002

martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Loewis) wrote in message news:<m37knm395e.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de>...
> seb_haase at yahoo.com (Sebastian Haase) writes:
>
> > I think that wouldn't work - since I'm still interested in debugging
> > _my_ stuff - so that needs me to #define _DEBUG
>
> Can you elaborate? If you want code that is only active under
> debugging, why can't you wrap it in #ifdef HAASE_DEBUG or some such?
>
> If you think that you would not get symbolic debugger support if
> _DEBUG is not defined, you are wrong.

I'm just saying: Why do I need to touch _DEBUG at all? Normally if I
compile my code in debug-mode _DEBUG is defined -- thats just how
people are doing that. (As I understand...)
The story just goes the other way around: Why wants the python.h force
us to include a lib (python22_d.lib)  that it doesn't ship. (And I'm
_not_ interested in debugging the python lib anyway?)

What was this comment though about the "linking the MSVC debug C libs"
 -- might this issue cause me trouble ?? I'm not experiencing any
problems so far...

Regards,
Sebastian