Thanks and kudos to Python core team (was Re: Booleans, integer division,backwards compatibility; where is Python going?)

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri Apr 12 14:46:18 EDT 2002

[Donn Cave]
> The hostility directed towards Mr. Lumberjack suggests that maybe he
> was smart to use a nom de plume for this message.  Tomorrow he can
> post under his real name and interact on amicable terms with the
> people who want to chase him off today for criticizing our leader.
> That's fine, I guess, as long as you all are having fun, but don't
> kid yourselves that this is any kind of a service to the community.
> It's actually kind of a sorry picture.

Donn, what does this have to do with pipes <wink>?

Do a google search on Lumberjack's c.l.py posting history if you want to
know where the hostility really comes from.  It starts with pure flamebait:

    This from a person who is constantly trying to score points on
    Usenet.  A check of google shows you have an inflated notion of
    yourself.  Maybe you should stop measuring others by your own limited
    character.

That wasn't directed at me, but I don't care who it was directed at -- it's
pure troll.  The next Lumberjack post wasn't much better, and I stopped
reading then.  If Lumberjack has something useful to say, perhaps a new
pseudonym would evade the kill files.