ANN: Twisted 0.16.0

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Apr 9 18:53:22 EDT 2002

"Erik Max Francis" <max at alcyone.com> wrote in message
news:3CB32D3B.74369D36 at alcyone.com...
> Paul Boddie wrote:
>
> > Given that the announcement is also archived in "the public record", I
> > wonder if the joke has had any effect on the number of people willing
> > to evaluate the software. It probably isn't such a great idea to joke
> > about software licensing if you want people to download and deploy
> > your product.
>
> It's also traditional that April Fool's Day only be perpetuated on April
> 1, and when found out, the perpetrators come clean.  Arguing or
> continuing to drag on the "joke" only makes people wonder.

Well, if I can go out on a limb here, my own impression of the twisted
software is that the whole effort is aither an attempt at obscurity or a
very poor example of documentation. It sometimes seems that those guys are
doing it just for themselves, which is perfectly OK by me.

The clarity meter's pretty low on the whole project, which is a shame when
you look at what it can achieve. I guess it's just another open source
project where documentation is undervalued.

regards
 Steve