Size of Newsgrouppostings with nntplib

Stephan Hohe sth.news at uni.de
Sat Apr 6 16:04:13 EST 2002

Hi,

I wrote a python skript to generate some newsgroup-statistics. I use the
NNTP object in module nntplib to connect to the newsserver and recieve
interesting message-headers useing the xhdr method. Now I'm searching for
a way to recieve the size of the postings. The only thing I found is the
xover method, witch submitts many informations, including the article
size in bytes. Is there a way to recieve the article size without loading
all the additional informations submitted by xover?

Thanks,
Stephan