newbie question about cygwin and wxpython

BoB W centuarii at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 15:45:02 EDT 2002

I have loaded cygwin 1.3.10, which installs Python 2.2.  I have also
loaded wxpython 2.3.2.1 hybrid installer for windows to
c:\cygwin\lib\python2.2.  wxpython does show up as evidenced by the
fact that python will attempt to import it, but when python calls the
__init__.py function, it can't find wxc to import it.  The only wxc
file I see is wxc.pyd in the wxpython directory.  From within the bash
directory, this shows up as /usr/lib/python2.2/wxpython/wxc.pyd.  Is a
*.pyd file a python dll file?  It seems to me that python does not
have the write path as the message I get is

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./grayul.py", line 4, in ?
    import wxPython
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/wxPython/__init__.py", line 20, in ?
    import wxc
ImportError: No module named wxc

I have tried various things to make the wxpython directory show up in
my sys.path, but none have worked.  Is this a path issue?  If it is, I
can post what I have already tried and see if someone can guide me on
how to get the wxpython directory to show up in sys.path.  Otherwise,
am I supposed to have a wxc.py or wxc.pyc file?

BoB Wood